Monday, November 25, 2013

Hello Baby Bean

Welllllllll it has been an interesting week on the baby front. Excuse me while I "journal" for posterity sake.

Let's just start with how my clothes no longer fit. Or the fact that I look about the same as my 18-20 week pics with Emma Grace. I guess those poor stomach muscles didn't bounce back enough to keep it all tucked in quite as long this time. It might have a teeny bit of something to do with my lack of exercise. Unless you count chasing two kids, which I TOTALLY do! So hello 12 week belly...



Then I got to see the little bean again. I will never say no to an ultrasound. Little bean was flipping around like crazy, something Emma Grace only did when I tried to lay down, silly girl. So we might have just one more super active Freeze for this crazy little house. It is all good, we like it a bit crazy!


Then I had a much anticipated, and dreaded, appointment with a Hematologist. Three days after Emma Grace was born I developed a superficial blood clot in my right leg. Translate, non life threatening, but scary as all get out none the less. Little did we know the long term implications it would have. Apparently I am at high risk of developing another clot during subsequent pregnancies. This could be fatal to both me and the baby. So enters Chinese torture devices...


I am not a stranger to needles. I get bi-monthly B12 injections, so it is nothing new. Yet never in my life have I seen a needle this terrifying. It is tiny, don't get me wrong, but the spring loaded part is a bit much, not to mention the "gun shot" noise it makes when it springs. Oi. Yes I am a tad dramatic, but it does in fact burn like fire, and bruise nicely. I will be on these puppies until 34 weeks, then switch to a different injection that won't remain in my blood stream quite as long so that if I go into labor I will not have bleeding issues in delivery. As soon as that risk has passed I will be back on them until 6 weeks postpartum. That is a lot of shots my friends.

I am so glad I married a nurse!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...