
On December 1st we held him in our arms for the very first time just minutes after he was born. 72 hours later papers were signed relinquishing parental rights making him ours and we left the hospital with deep gratitude in our hearts for the sacrifice made and gratefulness at God's amazing grace and mercy in choosing us to be his parents.

On June 11th we finalized his adoption, the last paperwork was filed, and we were done. Fourteen months give or take from the time we found out about our sweet monkey and he was ours forever.
I KNOW miracles still happen.
As we have begun discussing adding to our little family many options have been discussed. Further fertility treatments, domestic adoption, international adoption, or even foster care have all been laid on the table at one point or another. The decision months ago was to attempt further fertility treatments after our year of traveling, just one more try. Yet my heart as of late has not been in it. Those treatments make me crazy, like literally. We could be facing big money and no results, again. My heart was turning towards adoption once again and I thought my dreams were changing.
"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails." Proverbs 19:21
Sometimes our view of the future is simply not God's plan. Despite our best laid plans he works in our lives in a way that leaves little question...
Yes that is right. My God still works MIRACLES!
We will be returning to Louisville at the end of this assignment and discontinuing traveling. We do it with joy. Some of the issues that caused my infertility in the past could put me at a higher risk throughout the pregnancy so we would like to stay put near our doctors and friends and family that can support us along the way. I remain in a haze of unreality a bit apprehensive of the coming months. Yet I know that God has put us right where we are for a specific purpose and that no matter what the future holds we will not walk this path alone. Why? Because we serve a mighty God who is able to do even more abundantly than we could possibly ask or think.
Our family is living proof.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
FAITH! I am in tears over here ... I am so so so so so so very happy for you, my friend! God is AWESOME!
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome God!! We are so happy for your sweet family!
ReplyDeleteOh my dear friend, how my heart rejoices with you! I want to squeal with excitement. Yes our God DOES work miracles and what a blessed one to work in your life! I just realized today that I seem to have lost you as a friend on facebook. Did you leave FB? Well in any event, if you haven't, hook me back up. I gotta follow this exciting news! :) I hope you make it back to Louisville before we leave so I can squeeze your neck. :) Danae V
ReplyDeleteI smile everytime I see that picture of the positive pregnancy test! Nate and I are so happy for you and Shem! What an awesome God we serve! Praying for you all!
ReplyDeleteYay!! So excited for y'all!! I think it's about time for y'all to be moving back to huntsville now!
ReplyDeleteFaith! I totally missed this post!! Congratulations!! Praying for a healthy, complication free pregnancy and a healthy baby :)
ReplyDelete