Thursday, December 12, 2013

Winter Wonderland

I grew up in Alabama. If they say snow the whole city shuts down. Moving to Louisville was quite the adjustment for this Southern girl. We will just say that snow and I were NOT friends my first winter here. There were tears, and calls to my Mommy. It was pretty pitiful. I am happy to report that my views of snow have changed. I quite enjoy it now, in fact seeing it through my sweet babies eyes is a blast. They LOVE snow. Until they have to come back inside that is!




I was tickled that they let me take a few pictures before they went outside. It might have had a little something to do with the many layers I had put on them, it made it a bit hard to move quickly. Once they were outside all bets were off on the picture front but I still managed to get a few before putting my camera away and enjoying the snow day with my sweet family!





Aiden was so excited to make a snow angel. He carefully let Daddy help him up too. Emma Grace must do everything that brother does, though hers turned into more of a snow "plop" and she was not happy at all with the results of laying down in the cold snow. Silly girl!






Day two I opted to let Daddy handle the snow solo and instead made hot chocolate and juggled a little girl who couldn't decide if she wanted to go in or out. The real problem was that she wanted everyone to come inside, and well, the boys just didn't share her opinion. They did take a few minutes and make a snowman, though Emma Grace promptly knocked it over and everyone disappeared by the time Daddy fixed it again.




The snow is melting now, and just creates a bit of sludge on our walk to the car. I have heard we will have a good bit of snow this winter, and I think my kids might just enjoy every snowy minute! Hello Mr. Winter, we are glad you have arrived :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...