Saturday, July 3, 2010

7 Months!




7 Months!

I can't believe I forgot to send out an update!!! I have not once failed to send out our monthly update on Aiden's actual month anniversary. Oh well, I am just trying to confirm my lack of perfection yet again. I will not make excuses, and simply say OOPS :).

I no longer gasp in amazement that yet another month has passed as they end more quickly than they come. They are all filled with many accomplishments, of which I should more carefully document. I will admit I am thankful for facebook as I can go back and check dates, SHOCK and awe. Yes, guilty I am. I creep on my own facebook page to remember dates of grand accomplishments in our house. That dear friends, is indeed, what it has come too.

I am loving the stage of life we are at with Aiden, and while I love him dearly I have not always loved the learning (sleepless) moments. We find ourselves shhhh yes SLEEPING. We were not sure the day would ever come for our terrible little napper/sleeper. But victory for the most part we have found. He puts himself to sleep now with very little assistance, only if the paci is beyond saving and needs Momma's intervention and rescuing are we "called" into the room. He is up to 3-4 hours of napping in 3 naps, MUCH improved from the 30+ minutes we were taking every two hours and sometimes 5 a day. I am so very grateful! He goes down for the night at 7 which is FAR superior to 11, and sleeps until 5 or 6 most nights with only a paci request thrown in sometime along the night. Now I did say MOST nights. There are still those nights were we find ourselves constantly in his room going WHAT happened?????

Let me tell you what happened, it is called teething and it is NOT fun. Going on 3 months of constant chewing and dramatically increasing drool. Never fear, we now have a pool to catch your drool. Haha, that rhymes (it was for you my sweet funny Daddy!). We can "see" both bottom teeth, yet often wonder when they will finally make their official grand entrance.

We sit up by our big bad self now and PLAY and play and play. This is another thing I am loving about this age, I can sit him in the floor with a couple of toys and he entertains himself, without the ability to move anywhere!!!! I know this will not last long as he aches to be on the go and is getting close to the big C...crawling! His favorite part of playing is dumping all the toys out for that one amazing toy he thinks he sees at the very very bottom. Of course, there is also the great joy of chewing on the box! Anything that fits in our mouth quickly finds its way there. Watch your fingers people this boy can chomp!

Speaking of chomping I do believe (barring strange textures) that we have quite the little eater on our hands. I fear he would eat all day long if we would just let him. Daddy like to sneak a bit more in to help fill him up :). Silly Daddy. He loves sweet potatoes, banana's, peas, and carrots. He now tolerates apple sauce and avocado. He does NOT like green beans, we find ourselves sneaking them into other things. Though I will admit his first attempt at green beans is still one of my favorite video's as the facial expressions, shudders, and near gags were oh so very comical. He is, I am afraid, a bit on the dramatic side (like me...WHAT, who said that?).

He is still the joy of our lives and melts our hearts daily. We are so grateful to God for the blessing he so richly bestowed on our undeserving hearts. Sometimes I still look at him in wonder that he is truly mine (well, borrowed from His heavenly Father). In those moments I want to scoop him up and kiss him until he squeals, which doesn't take long as he is not very fond of kisses!

We spent his 7month birthday with the arrival of his orthosis helmet. He did not consider this a good way to celebrate and proceeded to scream with the best "trill" he could muster at each new fitting. Thankfully he is beginning to adjust to his new "hat" and only seems bothered by the taking off and putting on. By the end of next week he will have worked up to a full 23 hours a day and will remain there for an expected 6 months. I feel that he will graduate out of it sooner than that, but that is just Momma talk. It is an adjustment and I will admit it does make me a bit sad. I love his sweet baby face and comical expressions and the helmet interferes with it a bit...but soon we will not even notice. He is still the most precious thing in the world and loves to make us laugh. Plus its great cushion for all the head bonking to come as we learn to crawl!!! I think next month's update will find us quite mobile indeed!

Until then,

Shem, Faith and Aiden :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...