So Shem set off on his first big adventure away from his baby boy. That baby boy understands that his Dadda is missing, and it warms my heart to know how much he loves him. He has daily sat in the living room glancing towards our room wondering when Dadda would come, it is TOO CUTE, and a bit sad as well. I had him in Shem's "office" the other day to print some things off, and he looked longingly at Shem's guitar and then back at me as if to ask if I would play for him. Shem often pulls out his guitar and serenades our sweet boy, it is time they both enjoy immensely.
On the home front we have finally "cut" our first tooth, and the second is almost there. He pretty much screamed the whole first day that Shem left, and I figured I was in for a longgggg week :). We have quickly discovered how very tightly a certain someone clings to his "schedule" and how disrupting it can be for all involved if even one aspect is out of line. He woke up at 4am that day, and his teeth were hurting...and there you have it, a scream fest. The rest of our days have been spent practicing our first little "crawls" and "standing" at our play table. He daily is more mobile, and I have officially resigned myself to the fact that I will be tired for the rest of my life! He is such a go go baby, never wanting to be still for anything. He has such a spirit of independence, not unlike a certain Momma he knows :).
We have also been fitted with our third and hopefully final helmet! We also saw the specialist who refereed us for the helmet and it looks like Aiden will only have to be in it for a few more months. This is good progress on his part, especially since they have changed his helmet so often. Though I will say the inside shaping has not changed, they have just not been happy with the outer cut of the helmet. I must say it will be strange to have little man's bald head with us once again. The thing I was the most concerned about when we first got the helmet was that his little personality would not shine as brightly, silly Momma! This little boy has a huge personality, is full of life, and never meets a stranger. His smile melts many a heart, and for that, I am thankful.
No comments:
Post a Comment