Saturday, October 5, 2013

Social Media, Busyness, and Life

I have and still am attempting to take a step back from social media. It is something that God has been convicting my heart about for awhile now. I am a busy person by nature. I don't like to sit still, and search for avenues to fill my "spare" time. Yet I am not always wise in the way I choose to fill that time.

Personally social media allows me to mentally clock out. It keeps me connected, but only on a superficial level. It distracts me from living in my real world and developing relationships with the people God has placed around me in community. 

So here I am spending more time in "real life" snuggling my babies, having late nights chats with my husband, and seeking to deepen the connections I have with my friends and neighbors. God has blessed this time and I am so grateful for this life he has given me. 

So what does that look like?

Well there is painting...



Fun school crafts...





 Texting while driving, hmmm...



Helping Mommy with dishes...



 Watching Daddy mow...



Oh and then there is this...





SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...