Friday, January 4, 2013

Playing Mr. Mom

I have been very sick this week. Yesterday I was in bed all day, but thankfully Shem was off from work and was home to help. I wouldn't have been able to juggle the kids alone. I'm not sure what kind of bug this was but it was pure evil and after three weeks of illness in this house I'm ready for all the germies to leave!

Shem was amazing. He totally took over full child care, kept up with the house, did laundry, juggled kids at the store, and made sure I stayed hydrated. He went above and beyond and I was so grateful.

Lets not mention the still recovering toddler and teething baby that were relentless with poor daddy. At one point while Daddy tended to Aiden sweet Emma Grace whimpered at our bedroom door poking her fingers underneath. I was helpless to do anything but cry. Not having the ability to fully care for my children was heart wrenching. It made me very aware of how grateful I should be to be healthy and able to enjoy these years with my babies caring for them myself, even on the long hard days. God is so good.

Throughout the day yesterday I got little visitors and a nap time snuggle buddy. Snuggling my sweet baby while she slept didn't make me feel any better but brightened my spirits for sure! Grateful to have turned a corner today and able to enjoy my babies from the couch!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...