Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A fun filled week

Fasten your seatbelts. Only the Freezes can rustle up this much fun. The following weeks dialogue is not for the weak of heart. Read at your own risk...

Part 1: Friday
Throughout the last week Aiden had several episodes in which his lips and feet turned blue. He did this often as a baby, though our pediatrician at the time brushed it under the rug. As this can be a sign of heart problems Friday found us at the pediatrician for a thorough exam.

We were sent for a chest X-ray and dropped by the house for a few things on our way. I loaded the babies back in the car and realized my phone was in the house. As I bent over the diaper bag digging for the keys I heard "GET OUT OF THE CAR GET ON THE GROUND!" I look up to see four or five unmarked police cars, officers everywhere with guns in the air still shouting at the cornered vehicle across the street a mere 6 feet from me.

The next few minutes were a blur as I unlatched Aiden and Emma tucked them under my arms and ran to the house. I fell up the stairs hitting poor Emma's head on the door causing her to scream and draw attention where it was not wanted. Safely inside I collapsed on the floor sobbing and praying over my sweet babies. I can honestly say I have never been that scared in my life. Nothing quite like having an armed bank robber apprehended in your front yard.

An hour later after much snuggling and praying thanking God for his protection my sweet friend Jacinda was by our side and came along for our thankfully uneventful X-rays. Aiden has some thickening and infection in his lungs and though we hope that is the only problem we will be seeing a cardiologist for a few more heart tests later this week.

Part 2: Tuesday
My husband headed out to pick up a new charger for my phone after three days of unsuccessful attempts at other methods. As I was a bit leery from my recent adventure he left his phone with me. I realized two hours later that he really should have been back, even with the expected lingering in the apple store. I then noticed I had five missed calls as he apparently turned his phone to silent before he left. Poor guy was sick, out in the rain, and our van broke down. The van we had picked up only the day before from the collision repairs (I hit a pole, don't ask). I returned the call and discovered he had walked from the interstate to a nearby bank but had already left again. I had no car to go get him or phone to call him on. So I played Nancy Drew and figured out which direction he would have been driving based on the initial call time, and the address of the bank he called from. I put in a call to our insurances road side assist service and talked them through the situation. I found out Shem had already called but they couldn't find him and wanted a phone number to call him. Oops. They patched me through to pass on what little info I had just as they found him. Several hours later and he was home, van less and still no phone charger haha.

Part 3: Wednesday
Emma Grace woke with a 103.4 temperature, it's becoming the norm as someone in this house has been sick since the day after Christmas. Daddy was sick as well so was home to drive us to the doctor. It's a good thing since the van he's driving has no power steering at the moment and well, Momma isn't that strong. Turns out both babies landed an antibiotic with severe ear infections and respiratory crud. Apparently Aiden and his potential heart issues have been quite the buzz around the office this week, exactly what every Momma wants to hear, not.

With drs orders to stay put for the weekend we cancelled our trip to IL to meet our newest nephew and visit with family. Daddy dropped us off at home for nap time and ran a few errands and picked up our medicine.

On his way home he had a no injury no damage fender bender. Meanwhile Momma was at home burning dinner. We wouldn't want to end the day on a boring note now would we.

Part 4: Thursday
The assessment is in on our van. A mere day after 500 bucks of repairs it broke down. It needs a new engine. To the tune of 7,000 and a recommendation to take it to the salvage yard. They will give us roughly 750 for it, which won't even finish out the car loan. It's a 2006 so it's not a newbie but it was in great shape and we loved it. Shem is currently driving my parents old van. It needs power steering, alignment, and new tires if its to be considered a remotely reliable option.

Our church is studying Job. With all the illness of the last two months and the insanity of the last week it is a very appropriately timed study. We have been so encouraged by its words, and by the family and friends who have stepped up and offered help through all the chaos. Thankfully for the most part we are laughing. It's almost comical. In the end we know God will take care of us and provide for each need even if its not in the way we had imagined.

I must admit I am ready for the warmth and sunshine of spring, for health, for a quiet and uneventful week.

I found encouragement in 1 Peter this week:
Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ's sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed. (1 Peter 4:12, 13 ESV)

I am praying for my sweet boy tomorrow as he sees the cardiologist. Hoping that our week turns around and we hear good news! Praying that the weekend is quiet and finds us snuggled up and well on our way to recovery.

Or maybe we will just fly away in Aidens spaceship ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...