Saturday, June 19, 2010

Birthday Blessings...

Yesterday was my Birthday. I officially had to say goodbye to my "mid twenties" as 28 is more than pushing that definition. Thirty is fast approaching and I must say I look forward to the milestone. After all it is in fact just a number.

A certain sweet someone decided snuggles were in order at the wretched hour of 5:45 am! Though I must admit that I am beginning to adjust to these early mornings, and am starting to turn in for the night right along with the old folks! I guess that is okay too, as I have always been a bit of an old soul. So we snuggled, just the three of us, and it was the perfect way to start my special day!

Shem had traded with someone at work and so was able to spend the day relaxing with us, as well as our nephew Sean who is staying with us for the week. It was quite the little party! I headed out shortly after 7 to hit the few Friday yard sales that were available! SCORE! I love yard sales, the thrill of the hunt, the amazing deals...it is just the best. This was a good yard sale day too! I found the cutest romper for Aiden to wear to church with the tags still on it, for you better believe it FIFTY CENTS! Add that to the bibs, little tykes slide, umbrella stroller, and bag full of clothes for sweet little Abigail Grace and I think it was a great use of $10.65 worth of Birthday money!!!!

I then hit up Krispy Kreme for some HOT NOW donuts...and ate four of them...YUCK lol. It is not something we indulge in often, and I have no idea how I consumed four of them but lets just say they were GOOD. Even though I had to endure the scary clown all up in my windshield at the drive through asking for money. I must admit that is one of the things I heartily disprove of here in Louisville!

My hubby brought me flowers...they are GORGEOUS! Good job Babe!

Just in case the donuts were not enough, we had pizza rolls and banana splits for Lunch! It is what I wanted, I didn't have to cook, and had an excuse to eat mass junk, give me a break! My Daddy used to take us to Winn Dixie on South Parkway on Sunday nights after church for Banana split fixings for dinner. It made for a great memory, and a continued love for indulging in one on occasion for dinner.

I spent the afternoon with a Migraine and was so grateful Daddy was home so I could actually take my medicine and get some relief. I am sure there are some amusing stories generated by what I fondly call "Migraine Hangover" hour. Luckily after some meds and a good nap I was on the road to recovery and able to enjoy my evening!

The boys even let me torture them and we watched Fame while eating some yummy pasta. Turn in for bed early and you have one great day!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a good birthday, to bad the migraine had to come and visit. Yummy pizza rolls! Did we even have those while you were at my house?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...