When I married Shem it was all I could do to keep up with his laundry. The pockets filled with "treasures" errr trash, and the STAINS. If I could cook it, he could dump it on his shirt. I, being the perfect one, NEVER stained my clothes. Excuse the sarcasm as I do in fact know that perfect I am not.
Fast forward four years and my husband has for the most part learned to keep his food in his mouth and off of his clothes with only the occasional mishap. I on the other hand am always amazed to pull clothes out of the dryer and find MY SHIRTS covered in all manners of pretty splotches. I could blame this on so many things, like the baby, or having to eat and cook in a hurry. It doesn't matter the culprit, the stains remain.
As I sat folding laundry tonight I contemplated stains. Like for instance the stain of sin in our lives. We go through life for years tossing our "clothes" into the dryer until one day "stains" magically appear and catch us by "surprise." Sin should be no surprise as we live in a fallen sinful world and though our flesh wars within us we can't escape the sin that so easily entangles us. Thankfully we have a loving Savior who is SO MUCH BETTER than our friendly stain sticks! He came, died, and rose again taking our sins upon Himself, casting them as far as the East is from the West. Friends, our stains can be washed white as snow!!!! Now when I put on my newly stained U of K t-shirt I will be reminded of the one who took my stain of sin away, and will be encouraged. Maybe, someday, I will also remember to close my mouth before the bbq hits my shirt :).
No comments:
Post a Comment