What exactly is it that God desires to teach us through teething babies? I know we live in a fallen world, but REALLY, couldn't babies teething be one of the things he graciously made easy??? It is so hard to have the love, care, and patience needed with poor babies in pain when you are going on 1.5 hours of sleep thanks to your dreadfully long night.
I know some babies breeze through teething without a care in the world. Aiden is sadly NOT one of those babies. We are going on several weeks of near constant grumpiness, extremely erratic sleep, and lack of contentment with all of Momma's new tricks. I guess we got spoiled with his amazingly sweet, content, and happy personality. I guess we should be grateful he didn't have colic, or reflux, or something else. I am grateful, I am also tired. I want to cut those darn teeth myself, I will gladly take the pain and just give him the tiny pearly whites!!!
Lord bless me with some of that p word. Teach me your grand design in your perfect timing...but if I can have my hearts desire I will just let you know right now that the faster the better is good for me.
How many teeth do babies get anyway?????????
But then after a nice long nap you are rewarded with the sweetest snuggles a little man can muster up and once again you are reminded about how much you love Motherhood...the good, and the "bad". It is worth every single minute and is full of more joy than anything else your day could offer. Thank you Lord for this journey!
No comments:
Post a Comment