Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Words, Words, Words...

For those of you who know me personally, you know how much I love words. I love talking, and much to my husbands dismay use more words than most think possible. I love reading, and there is nothing like the written word to open up worlds beyond the imagination. Even more than talking and reading, I love WRITING! There is something so peaceful about the way pen and paper feels in my hands, or the quiet click of the keys as I effortlessly put my thoughts out into cyberspace. I love to write. When I am overwhelmed, when I am full of joy, when I am bursting with a secret, when God is doing something big...I love to write.

I have attempted blogs in the past, and failed. Inconsistency and the daily grind of life watches my attempts at blogging slowly fade away. Yet I feel that the gift of writing is something God has blessed me with, and that if I am faithful with that gift He can use it for His glory. And so here I am again, blogging.

I am too concerned about what others think. I am too fearful of evil in the world. I let things that don't matter in eternity occupy my thoughts. In those moments I convince myself that it doesn't matter, but you see it does. God asks us to have a voice for Him, and He gifts us all in different ways, so that we may be His hands and feet to the dying world. Or maybe, in my case His mouth :) as I am so good at using mine! How often I fail to let the words of my mouth glorify Him. I was convicted recently by the blog of a woman I have never met. She speaks the truth, she is open, she is vulnerable...she allows herself to be used by God. It amazes me how God can connect His children in ways I never could have imagined. The world wide web has been my technological friend, allowing me to be touched by people near and far that other wise would not have been possible. God works in mysterious ways, and maybe one day, if I am faithful, God will use my words to encourage someone else.

So here I am, and here I will attempt to stay. I want to use this gift of words to do more than just talk idly about things that don't matter. Though I guarantee you there will be some of that, hey, I am a woman after all. But even more, I want to commit to honestly and openly sharing my heart. Openness is something I struggle with in person, as I tend to guard my heart for fear of pain. I have learned the hard way in the past, yet God has always taught me a valuable lesson in the pain. So here, on "paper," where it is easier to be unguarded and honest, I will share my life as long as God gives me the grace to do so. One word at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...