Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A failed attempt at best...

For the last few months I have showered during Aiden's first nap, it works out perfectly! Sometimes, however, I find my eyes closing, and the bed calls louder than my desire for shampooed hair. On those days my shower gets postponed to the ghastly hour of 1pm. Yuck! I have begun to wonder what will happen to my sweet little set up once that early morning nap is dropped. This morning I set about to find out. I was exhausted from a sleepless couple of nights and napped soundly while Aiden took his morning nap. I did not desire to remain in my stinky condition and so attempted what every mother must at one time attempt. Shower while he plays. Please understand that I did this with the utmost caution. Baby is in a good mood, all doors are closed, baby is penned in small "babyproof" hallway, baby has favorite toys and his beloved wagon, baby has partially unzipped pajamas. These things SHOULD have kept him entertained for ten minutes, enough for a quick 3 minute shower. I don't want to presume and get greedy enough to take a "long" shower after all. My glorious invention lasted all of 1 minute, just enough time for a thoroughly sudsed up head. Much to my dismay the baby gate into the bathroom which has protected us many a weeks from small intruders came crashing down under the mighty force of my sweet angelic little monkey. In the ten seconds or so it took me to rinse my hair so I could see enough to coax him to me he had attempted to eat several q-tips and discovered the feminine products. Alas, my sweet glorious plan turned into a sweet little monkey joining me in said shower just long enough to quickly rinse off the filth and go about our day. Maybe next time?

Shortly thereafter I attempted to fix dinner while Aiden wailed for goldfish. I only noticed the wrong eye was turned on because the zippie containing said goldfish melted to the eye-cover. It is a good thing I took a nap, right!?!

All in a day's work errr fun :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...