Whatever happened to the proverbial Momma's boy? Aiden does NOT fit the stereotype, not even a little bit. Sure he knows who to go to if he has a stinky diaper, if he is hungry, or if he wants to go to bed. Momma's boy, nope, this boy LOVES his Dadda. Now I know that Dadda is easier to say, or so I have been told, but come on people!
Dadda was his first word. Dadda is his only word. Dadda means anything and everything, it is interchangeable based on what he is "talking" about at any given moment. Now don't get me wrong, he also uses it appropriately.
In the beginning of his "talking" days I would say "Momma, Momma, Momma" to which Aiden would sweetly giggle and say "Dadda." Talk about pouting, I pouted like it was my daytime job. Then the all glorious day when he uttered something that if you tweaked it just right, sounded a bit like, just maybe it could have been, if you really tried to make it out, "Momma." Sadly, it was directed at food, and hasn't been uttered since.
TODAY..............
Aiden was sweetly sitting in his floor with a book as I walked into his room. He was pointing at the kitty and as every good Momma does I said, "Do you see the kitty. Meow, Meow." He looked up at me and said "Meo, Meo."
I looked at Aiden and said "MOMMA, MOMMA."
Aiden looked at me, laughed, and said with all clarity... "Dadda"
REALLY???????
OK, this is the funniest thing I've read, heard in a long time!! It could be that he is 'teasing' you and not saying "MOMMA" on purpose :-)
ReplyDeleteI don't LIKE tests!
ReplyDelete