Obviously I stepped away from blogging for a bit. It started quite innocently as just a brief absence, and then grew to the 3 month hiatus I am ending today. I decided towards the beginning of November that if guys can have "no shave" November, well I was going to have "no internet" November. I have discovered that as a stay at home Mom the internet can suck me in for hours without thought to the many tasks to complete in my day. Suddenly I look up and nap time is over, the dishes remain in the sink, and the laundry is not done. So I took a look at my priorities and decided to focus on my family for awhile. I must say it was nice to not feel tied to the computer, yet at the same time I realized that as a stay at home Mom it was my connection to the outside world, and for that I am grateful. I think our modern technological progress is both good and bad. It takes time from our families, and we loose the simple things in life. Yet, at the same time, we are connected to one another in a way that would not be possible without things like email and even the debated facebook. So, as you can see, I am once again on facebook...and blogging too!
Some things you might have missed in my long absence...
- Aiden learned to walk, run, climb and get into all manners of things at an alarming rate. The house has been baby proofed so many times, and yet he finds more every day it seems. Oh the adventures of a toddler!
- Aiden turned ONE on December 1, he is a baby no more. Daddy likes to call him big boy, while I still sneak in a couple of babies here and there. He has gained a sense of independence and personality that daily amaze us.
-We celebrated Christmas, THREE times! We celebrated here at home in Louisville the middle of December and were blessed for the first time in 4 years to make it home to Alabama for a family Christmas! It was wonderful. A week later Aiden and I set out on our first solo trip and linked up with my Dad n Grandma in Alabama to hit the road for Florida. We ended up snowed in on the return end and spent an extra couple of days in Alabama. It was truly an adventure, but a good one!
-We have had snow so many times, both here and twice in Alabama! Luckily Aiden LOVES the snow. He loves playing, falling, sledding, and does not want to come inside. The last time he saw snow falling out the window he literally stood there for 10 minutes fussing because he wanted to go play in it. I took a video, yup I am one of those Mom's. My kid is crying, and I pull out the video camera. Give me a break though, I was sick, we were not going outside! So instead we have a "perma" memomory, one of hundreds. :)
Over the last few days as I contemplated my return to the blog world I had a million topics run through my head. As days passed with my indecision on to what I should write about I finally gave up and just started typing. So there you have it, a brief glimpse at life over the last three months, and a promise to return soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment