We are so grateful for Aiden's continued love for his little sister. He calls her Grace and asks to hold her quite often, usually when she is eating lol. As of yesterday we had our first shared toy! I found a rather large toy motorcycle plopped in her lap while she was swinging, she is blessed with such a sweet brother! Aiden struggled with major eating issues the first week or so we were home, possibly as a means of controlling the chaos in his life. Those issues seemed to have calmed down a bit and we have returned to simply being insanely picky, and are continuing to work on that "battle."
All of my health issues seemed to have calmed down and I am so grateful to be able to more fully care for my sweet family. Now if I can just get rid of the 6 day migraine that seems to have no end in sight thanks to our crazy fluctuating weather we will be doing great! I recently survived my first three day weekend without Daddy and while there were certainly difficult moments 72 hours on my own gave me the confidence I needed to realize I CAN DO THIS!
Sweet Emma Grace is more alert every day and I love seeing her bright eyes. She loves to stare "at" you and listen to you talk. Yesterday I even got her first little coo in response! Bath time has become less torturous which is a good thing since the poor baby inherited my greasy hair! She is doing fairly well sleeping and will often go 3 hours between feedings. We already feel like we are doing better with sleep than we did with Aiden in the first year or more! One of our prayers before she arrived was that she would sleep better than her brother has, and we continue to hope that prayer has been answered!
Now how about the stats from her insane first month of life!!!
- She weighs 9 lbs even, a hefty gain of 2 lbs 7 oz.
- She is 21.5 inches long which is a growth of 1.5 inches.
- She has had 7 bilirubin tests so far, plus additional lab work to monitor her jaundice. Three of the tests were done back at the hospital growing our little collection of arm bands in a way I would truly rather avoid (haha).
- She had her tongue tie clipped in a minor procedure around 2 weeks. She did beautifully and went on with life as if nothing had happened. A welcome relief from the complications that seem to have followed us in other areas!
- Longest sleep stretch has been about 4 hours.
- Averages 2.5 hours between feedings, but throws in every 45 minute clusters just to keep us on our toes. Little Ms. sure does love to eat!
- Snuggles for many, many hours a day and couldn't be more of a blessing!!!!
Sweet Emma Grace we love you so very much and are so grateful to God for the wonderful addition to our family that you are. Our first month together has been full of joy and we pray that God gives us many many more days to grow and learn together. Love you baby girl!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment