I must admit that the last four weeks have left me exhausted and overwhelmed. I had hoped we were coming out of the medical chaos that has followed us.
I was wrong.
I called for her one month check and they put it off for a week. Mothers intuition has been plaguing me that she was still too jaundiced and it should have cleared long ago. So I became that anxious mother and asked for one more bilirubin test as soon as they could get me in.
Turns out my intuition was spit in. It's still too high and should have cleared within a week. So we are currently at the hospital for further blood testing. They need to determine if it is a liver problem or breast milk induced. Both will require further action, neither of which I like. To say we have had challenges breast feeding is honest, but that's a post of its own.
For now I sit exhausted and worried again. Praying for my sweet little girl. I know she is in God's hands and am grateful that he already has the details worked out whatever that means for Emma Grace. I also know that he will give me the strength to get through this new challenge, and it is in that hope that I have no choice but to rest and simply trust.
Praying for all of you, sweetie.
ReplyDelete