Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Aiden's Jet Plane Adventures...

I shall keep this short and sweet, because my head is kersploding (that is totally a word look it up...okay maybe not).

Aiden took his first plane ride on Friday. Complete with strollers, crutches, carry ons, and Momma in a wheelchair. Thank goodness Nana was with us! It was an adventure for sure!!!!

It started with them asking for Aiden's birth certificate. Well we were in CT and that particular document was safely in KY, let the fun begin! I wasn't aware I needed any documentation and at this point the panic began. They said they could let him on with shot records so Shem rushed back to the mostly packed apartment to find them. I sat in my little wheelchair trying not to cry while Shem's mom discussed the situation with the attendants at check in.

I just wanted to go home.

I called Shem and told him to just drop Aiden and the papers off at the door as we were already in danger of missing our flight and wouldn't have time to let him park and come in to see us off. When Shem's mom rolled Aiden over to me and rushed back to the counter I realized I was boarding a plane while my husband drove 15 hours and I didn't even get to say goodbye. At this point the tears just fell and I was helpless to stop them.

Yet my sweet husband didn't listen. Bless him. When I saw his sweet face it only made the tears fall harder. I am very pleased to say that not only did I get to say goodbye to my sweet hubby, we did in fact make our flight!

I have never ever been so relieved to sit down on a flight in my life.

Aiden did amazingly well and I am so very grateful. We basically fed him junk the entirety of each flight just to keep him happy. No in the grand scheme of life it might not be good to pump a toddler full of refined flours and sugars but it is not an everyday thing and at least this time it worked. He even passed out before our second take off and slept for awhile, though it might have just been a sugar crash!

See how cute he is...





Like any good little boy his favorite part was turning the lights overhead on and off and feeling the rush of landing. Such a sweet little monkey.

Louisville has never been so beautiful before. I made it to the main road in front of our house before the sniffling began. I barely got inside the door before the sobbing began and let me tell you it didn't stop for 10 minutes. I was home. HOME.

My sweet Mother in law kept patting my hair and telling me I was okay, I finally squeaked out "I know, that is why I am crying."

It is so so so good to be home. I feel like a kid at Christmas as we experience all the comforts of home one at a time. A few of my favorites:

- Sleeping in my bed!!!!!!!!
- Chick-fil-a
- Sitting in the front yard talking to neighbors
- My sweet son delighting in all his forgotten toys

Home Sweet Home. God is so very good to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...