Monday, October 3, 2011

Hartford: 3 days left

I only have 3 days left in Hartford. I must admit that while I am beyond ready to be home I really can't believe our time here is done. It has been a long, yet short adventure. Funny how that works. So many things that we will remember for years to come. We leave changed people and change can be good.

I think I have probably learned the most. Learned how to let go of stress and to live with little. I LOVE living with little and have always been one to throw things out, yet I married a "packrat." Shhhh don't tell him I said that. Oh wait, he reads the blog! Love you babe!!!

Yet this trip has taken it to a whole new level. We live in a material world and to be honest I don't like it one little bit. I don't want to keep up with the Jonses. I think we have both made a serious commitment to let go of the stuff so we can actually live life. Enjoy life, savor it. When you aren't bogged down with stuff you simply have more time to savor those little moments.

My pineterest board is full of what I fondly call "tiny house dreams." We would love to sell our house and buy a tiny one. I know that sounds crazy especially with another baby on the way! Its not that our house is big, we could just live with less. No basement to start with! Sigh.

When we left Louisville we brought only what we could pack in a few rubbermaids in the back of our minivan. With that we have lived happily for 3 months. Will we par down that much on our return? No. We will however do a major overhaul so that the stress of living with much doesn't creep back into the happy existence we have come to know and love.

We dream now of simple living.

What that means for our future I really don't know. I do however know that with a changed mindset we will soon plug back into our "normal" life. With joy. Great joy.

Aiden can hardly wait. He has even been helping clean up his toys...



Okay maybe not! That might just be a dream for another day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...