Monday, October 17, 2011

Pacing Myself...

I am a go go go crash kind of girl. I run until there isn't any run left. Sometimes the decision is made for me and I do NOT like it.

Like slicing my ankle and hitting the couch for three weeks, followed by an additional two weeks with pregnancy complications. Yup FIVE weeks on the couch. Yikes.

Yet we survived.

Now I am just having to learn in a whole new way how to pace myself. See the thing about 5 weeks in bed is it amazingly zaps any energy you had left. You can't simply hop up and get at it once the all clear is given.

I know, because I tried.

15 minute timers and I are becoming insanely good friends. That is about all I can limp my way around for before I collapse in exhaustion. Nope the house isn't clean. Nope dinner isn't exciting. But it is OKAY (hint to self, repeat as needed).

So we are taking time for the little things. You know like jumping on the bed and cheesing it up till Momma is doubled over laughing...









Pacing myself will be a necessity over the next year. With cuteness like that around every corner I just might find myself enjoying those slow quiet moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...