
However that is not my belly he is growing in.
Currently this is causing confusion and I must admit I am mildly amused.
When we first adopted Aiden my OB was frustrated that their system only allowed them to list pregnancies. Apparently that has changed and they now list live children separate from pregnancies. The nurse checking me in asked in more of a statement way if this was my second pregnancy. When I said no it was my first I was met with a look of confusion. It took me a moment to understand why she was confused.
To us it is just how God built our family and there isn't anything confusing about it. Yet to those on the outside looking in it can be confusing.
I am not worried about bringing home an infant, or impending parenthood. I have already been there and we are as mentally and emotionally ready as you can be when bringing home a second baby.
Pregnancy on the other hand is new territory and SCARES me senseless.
I find myself in an odd place as most people expect the mother of a 2 year old to know what is going on. There aren't support groups for Mom's who are pregnant for the first time. It simply isn't the normal scenario.
I think the confusion is beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment