Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Ebb and Flow...

I have realized that life in this crazy little house is a constant state of ebb and flow. There are moments in each day when I am beyond overwhelmed with my "high maintenance" babies and wonder at my ability to parent them well. Yet there are also beautiful moments that take my breath away and help me to realize that I am truly living my dream raising these beautiful babies with my hotty hubby. Maybe that is God's gentle way of teaching me to simply trust him in ALL the moments of my day.

Today we had our moments where Aiden was throwing toys, chewing on paper towels, and head butting his sister while she struggled to eat. Those are the moments that can quickly overwhelm me as I attempt to assess the situation and respond in the wisest way. It's something that I am not always successful at. Then again there is no such thing as a perfect parent. Maybe I can learn to show myself a little grace while I am attempting to do the same thing for my babies.

Today we also had moments where my sweet kiddos were playing "together" loving each other and melting this Momma's heart. Moments when we danced, hopped, and flew like airplanes...just because we could.

Truth is, I wouldn't have it any other way!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...