I am pretty sure every Momma has said it. I am just as sure that it is true. While I have not gotten to the parenting stage where it is part of my vocabulary the time is quickly coming.
Today I discovered that sharing his toys with Emma Grace is simply something Aiden is only interested in doing on his own terms. His floor was covered in blocks while he happily ignored them and played with his cars. I picked one up to show Emma Grace, one block in a sea of untouched blocks, and it was not acceptable. Minesssssssss was quickly heard the next block over as he displayed his displeasure. Thirty minutes later and we were still crying. It no longer had anything to do with a block, or chocolate chips, or tv. He was simply overly tired and no longer able to process the simple irritations of life.
Discipline will cause us both pain.
A few moments ago I had another painful Momma moment. I watched my little man slip and fall down the stairs. He was okay, no blood and no swelling. He screamed like crazy but I quickly realized that while he cried "stairs" that he was not mad at the thing that had injured him but upset that we were not downstairs playing. He was happily playing within seconds as I stopped my shaking hands and racing heart.
When my babies hurt so do I.
It is all part of being a parent! This painful thing called Mommahood. It will never be all sunshine and gumdrops, but nothing in life truly is. Yet I wouldn't trade one moment of this adventure. Someone should remind me of that simple fact when we begin potty training next week! Oh someone save me now!
**Please note that the following picture is from our morning meltdown and NOT our tumble down the stairs! He was indeed properly snuggled and monitored, without photographs, during the dreadful event.

No comments:
Post a Comment