It has been a crazy week in this little house. As always we seem to take one step forward and two steps back.
Thanks to a recent hail storm insurance paid for a new roof and siding on our house. I knew we would struggle with Aiden during the construction thanks to all the noise but it was at times worse than I had expected. Clinging to Mommy or running in circles trying to hide was just the beginning of our downward spiral.
To put a child with heightened hearing and sensory issues under a roof with constant hammering is more than they can handle. What could add to that insanity?
Potty training.
What was I thinking? Honestly I wasn't. I did not approach this milestone with enough thought and preparation. His sensory issues complicate potty training on many levels, not to mention he has continuing stomach issues. Yet we went cold turkey with no warning to the poor kid of what was coming.
Fail.
It was a very bad week for our little guy, SPD flared badly and we were all miserable.
The hammering is done, and boot camp is over. We are still working on potty training, but doing some research and thinking so that we can do so in the best way possible for Aiden. It will not be an overnight accomplishment, is it with any child?!
He did reach another milestone just today. He climbed into his crib by himself. Over and over and over again
He just can't get out.
Yet.

No comments:
Post a Comment