Sunday, August 5, 2012

He did it!

2 years 8 months 5 days.

That is how long I waited for the one word that literally brought me to my knees. It is such a small thing, but means so much more than I could ever express.

He called me MOMMY!

He was throwing all the clean laundry in the floor while I talked to my Mom and so the next time he ran out I closed the door. I returned to my phone call as he knocked on the door but then stopped in my tracks as I heard it.

Mommy, Mommy, Mommmmmmmmy!!!!!

I flung that door open and scooped him up so fast his head was spinning. Then I did what all Mommas do, I cried. Tears that had been waiting 2 years, 8 months, and 5 days.

Sweet boy your MOMMY loves you more than words can express. Thank you for being my boy.



He called me MOMMY!

2 comments:

  1. I love that! It brought tears to my eyes! I know how special that sound is! I am so happy for you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 I'm teary, too! It has only been a few weeks since Booker said it and Davis hasn't yet. Sweeter words were never heard, that's for sure! YAY AIDEN!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...