Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Bye Bye Curls

Aiden has had a grand total of two haircuts in his almost three years of life. Thanks to his sweet curls and hair that was slow to grow we didn't face that big milestone until shortly before Emma Grace was born. Honestly I wouldn't have taken him then but I was afraid someone would take him while I was in the hospital and I would miss it. So I waddled my way through that sweet moment!

It did not go well. He flipped out. We made it through but it wasn't much fun. As we came closer to needing our next cut his sensory issues with things like that have grown. So we decided to take it slow and do it at home. I must admit I was very nervous, and Shem was prepared to pin him down to get the job done.

Surprisingly he did very well! Daddy went first and then held him during his turn, I honestly think he enjoyed it. It was such a welcomed relief. In my hurry to accomplish the task I didn't do the best job but now I know what to do differently next time. I was also wearing a cranky baby girl in the baby wrap so give Momma a break!

Honestly I think the hardest part is how grown up he looks without his curls. His vocabulary is growing every day and I am daily aware that my baby is in fact a big boy now!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...