Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Whirlwind is Over

The first part of this week was so jam packed that I dreaded it. Two therapy sessions, the first in a series of four meetings for Aiden's preschool entrance, and the dreaded allergy testing. Honestly last night I had nightmares. Yet I am sitting here with a huge weight off my shoulders ready to take on the rest of the week with joy!

Aiden's therapy is going so well. His speech is flourishing and he daily amazes me. My favorite words are kisses, nuggles, and Momma! As far as his occupational therapy goes I almost always end up in tears. Good tears. His OT is amazing and helps put the often confusing pieces together in a way that makes me go ohhhhhh okay. It is so encouraging to know why our sweet boy reacts the way he does and be given the tools to make those reactions better. We are daily adjusting the way we live and seeing a stronger, healthier, happier little man. It is a huge blessing!

We had the first of four preschool entrance meetings this week. I was beyond ecstatic that even if he is placed in a school that has an all day program all therapy is done in the morning and I will be able to pick him up then! Full potty training is not required either, which is good since we seem to struggle more days than not.

Today Aiden had allergy testing to rule out food allergies as the cause of our stomach problems. His OT did not want to begin working on our many food issues until we ruled out allergies. Thankfully he isn't allergic to anything. We might still try a gluten elimination test to see if there are any stomach or behavioral changes but we will see. He did much better than anticipated and so did Emma no thanks to Mommy who forgot to give her her medicine this morning. So very grateful we made it through and can put that behind us!

My parents will be here any minute and I plan on relaxing and thoroughly enjoying the rest of my week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...