Several weeks ago we made a rather big decision for this technology loving family. It was time to turn off "the black rectangle" as we elusively call it.
We have discovered that Aiden is much calmer without tube time, a very welcomed discovery. While I don't think we will ever be a tv free family we have come a long long way in the last few weeks.
The last few weeks of my pregnancy and the first few adjusting with sweet Emma Grace were filled with more tv time than this Momma cares to admit. Honestly when we decided to turn it off I didn't know how I would survive the long days Shem worked.
Surprisingly, or maybe not surprisingly, we have thrived. Sweet snuggles, lots of playtime, and piles and piles of books. It has had its difficult moments, and we have had rough days where we used it as a last resort, but for the most part we have had a quiet playful house. Who knew?!
Okay Momma knew ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment