Shem and I love bread. In any form. Pasta, cake, bread, bagel, we love them all. Going gluten free even just for awhile has been a big deal.
The concept of being gluten free makes most parents cringe. Why? Because kids love bread, pasta, crackers and all other manners of glutinous products.
Aiden does not.
He doesn't eat crackers or bread. He pulls the toppings off his pizza and only ocassionaly eats a bite or two of the dough. He turns down pasta. Pasta!
I didn't hesitate to take gluten out of his diet because I wasn't taking much away. We exchanged rice Chex for Cheerios and are still working on a cost efficient chicken nugget.
He simply isn't a bread boy.
Or is he?
He chowed down on three pieces of gluten free pizza, dough and crust included. I made little breadstick pretzels out of the leftover dough and he has eaten those too. He is awfully cute carrying around his bag of pretzels!
Makes me strongly question my attempts to give him gluten products for the last two years. Maybe his stomach issues are in fact gluten related and we just didn't know it!
Smart boy, don't eat what makes you sick!

No comments:
Post a Comment