Saturday, October 6, 2012

Intuition

I have learned in my short stint as a Mom to always follow my gut.

Thursday the doctor said Emma would be immune from strep, she was too young. Yet he said nothing about Momma who happens to catch strep very easily. I didn't feel good and so I prepared. I bought Popsicles and soup ingredients, and made sure the house wasn't trashed.

I'm so glad I listened to my instinct.

The doctor was wrong. Emma Grace has a very nice case of strep complete with continual spiking fevers despite Tylenol. Tepid baths are the only thing keeping us out of the danger zone and Momma will admit she's quite worried about her sweet girl.

Oh and Momma has strep too! Daddy escaped and was negative though! Lucky him :) Lots of snoozing and snuggling this weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. Bless your heart :( Isaiah got strep for the first time at just a few months old, and Nehemiah had it as an infant too. I had never gotten strep until I became a mom!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...