Aiden had his testing this morning to see if he qualifies for preschool and continued therapy. I was awakened very early by a restless heart praying that God will provide what our little man needs.
Honestly I felt like I was being tested.
When people observe your child with pen in hand it does something to your heart. Have I given him all that he needs? It was a question I couldn't answer. Or maybe I can. I fail so often, but must remember that it's ultimately God taking care of Aiden and he will give me what I need for the little people he has blessed me with.
I sat quietly watching as the speech therapist commented on how well he was doing and that the test was easy to pass. At the same time the occupational therapist was rapidly scribbling in red pen. Red pen!
This sounds good. Here's the rub. He has blossomed soooo much with his speech in the last month but is still about six months behind overall. However if he passes that "easy" test for speech he will not qualify for preschool. Honestly I'm not worried much about the speech. Occupational therapy on the other hand is still desperately needed for his many sensory needs. He can't go to preschool unless he qualifies for speech, occupational therapy alone doesn't get us there.
I know that I need to trust God but my head doesn't always listen and to be honest I fear that meeting in three weeks where the outcome is revealed.
So for now I wait. Wait and pray.
No comments:
Post a Comment