Thursday, February 16, 2012

27 Weeks, 1 Day

I would like to preface this day late post with the fact that I am not slacking. I lost my camera. It took us 2 days to find it, in the couch cushion. Sigh. Without further delay here we are at 27 weeks, 1 day :)



Pregnancy wise it has been a big week...

I failed my sugar test.I "know" this isn't that uncommon, but I am still quite concerned. My risks of having Gestational Diabetes are potentially increased because of my Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome diagnosis, and the insulin resistance that can cause it. I was pretty sick all day following the initial sugar test, and that does not seem to be as common amongst those who failed the initial test.

I follow ALL the rules. This could mean a MAJOR change in diet for this little hyperactive ocd rule follower.

I am that woman people roll their eyes at. I don't eat shellfish, lunch meat, anything with raw egg in the ingredients, hot dogs, soft cheeses, hot dogs...you get the picture. Some think I am insane, I think I will do anything to protect this miracle baby even if it makes life a bit difficult for a few months.

Ya'll I have naked toes.

Yup, I am serious. For the first time since early high school my toes are bare of loverly shades of polish. You see it is believed that some of the chemicals in the polish can cross the placenta. So I have naked toes. I HATE naked toes.

Go ahead roll your eyes, really it is okay.

Fast forward past the freak out about Gestational Diabetes to the extreme nesting session that occurred Tuesday afternoon. I might have moved a chair, a very LIGHT chair, it pretty much moved itself I promise. The boxes might have been a teensy tiny bit heavier. My pulled round ligament is proof that extreme nesting has come to an end, unless I have extreme muscle to help. Ugh. Lets just say that adding a seemingly endless cramp in your side to the other symptoms pregnancy brings is not a bowl full of cherries.

I guess a little forced down time is good for a pregnant overachiever!


1 comment:

  1. Awww... hang in there Mama! Will definitely say a prayer for you. Those sugar tests are no fun! Just think, pretty soon, you'll be able to paint your toes and then paint your little girls toes to match! :-) Little girls are soo fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...