Monday, February 20, 2012

"You're Gonna Miss This"

You're going to miss this
You're going to want this back
You're going to wish these days
Hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're going to miss this
You're going to miss this
Yeah you're going to miss this



I love this song by Trace Adkins. It is such a good reminder of how easily we rush through life without stopping to enjoy those quiet moments that make life so beautiful. The ones we will look back on years later and wish we had taken the time to enjoy. I don't want to miss those moments!

I have been very aware lately of how fleeting our time as a family of three is. That is NOT a bad thing, but life is going to change, and our time with Aiden will be more divided. I want to cherish all those extra snuggles while I am completely free to do so.

Aiden made us parents and changed our life forever. He is our firstborn, the one we have and will continue to make the most mistakes with. Sadly parenting isn't perfect. Yet that sweet little man can melt your heart with just one random hug, and someday soon he won't want to climb up to share those little moments, and I will truly miss them!

He woke up VERY early this morning and snuggled with me in bed, hogging the pillow, and breathing heavily in my face. With his little hands beside my face and his head full of curls. My sweet baby is no longer a baby, but that doesn't mean I have to miss those rare quiet moments with him. I am so grateful for the blessing he is in my life and hope that I am never so busy that I take him for granted and forget to cherish every little moment.

I love you baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...