Monday, February 27, 2012

Oh Sweet Smart Phone How I've Missed Thee!

On December 7th Shem's smartphone was stolen, our response was to switch to "dumb phones" in an attempt to lower our budget and save some money.

I am usually organized to the level of insanity. Yet preggo brain is NO MYTH and I have lost the ability to remember what day it is, sometimes my name, and certainly not what is coming up on the calendar.

We switched to this...



At eleven weeks and counting it daily becomes more obvious that this will NOT work for our family. We had just gotten into a great rhythm and were truly organized and on the same page as a family for the first time in our marriage. Yeah five and a half years to find a "perfect system" is a little outrageous but Google Calendar and Smartphones saved our sanity!!! Especially once preggo brain erased my ability to think. I scheduled an OB appointment at the same time my husband had a meeting, and my sweet son had a speech therapy appointment. With only one car and three places to be it was obvious something had to go.

So several things went. As in we stripped the budget, again. Sometimes you cut out less important things for those things you value more, like the ones that seem to save your sanity.

I am not yet eligible for an upgrade but Shem was and his phone should be here any day, I will return to my old phone and await my upgrade status. Once again we will breathe the sigh of joint organization and this Momma won't end up near tears because of severe confusion.

Oh what a sweet day that will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...