Juggling two alone...that is another story entirely!
I flew solo for the first time on Friday and it was rough. Aiden woke up almost 2 hours early, and spent the morning screaming. Emma Grace refused to eat when I "wanted" her to so that she would be happy and full when we had to get out the door. She had a minor procedure to clip her tongue tie and did beautifully despite the eating issues and Momma's stress getting everyone there. Aiden skipped his nap and the afternoon found us back at the pediatrician for an unexpected visit with Emma Grace's umbilical stump. It has a granuloma (herniated, not healed, I dunno) but it did not look good, luckily they did not have to cauterize it again. Two appointments in one day and 4 hours of sleep missing from Aiden's normal routine left one very tired worn out stressed Momma.
Today is like a whole new world.
Aiden slept, he has played without requiring my undivided attention and yet we have found time to snuggle and read books as well. The tv has not been on (thank goodness!) and pj's are still being worn. No appointments are on the calendar, I have done some cleaning, and friends it is almost nap time!
5 hours down 9 to go until our knight in shining armor returns again :)
No comments:
Post a Comment