No really. While having a newborn is not half as terrifying as it was the first time around juggling two little ones is certainly a challenge at times. There is always someone to feed, a diaper to change, and this one is asleep while the other one should be. You get the picture, and so I am learning to juggle.
I had gotten to the point with Aiden that it was easy to adapt to his ever changing "routine" and little personality. Adding Emma Grace has created a learning curve that I am not quite ahead of just yet.
Like showers for instance. I always took them during nap time unless we had somewhere to be early that morning. Now nap time is a sacred event which Mommy must partake in if at all possible. That might just mean an extra bit of deodorant. Yes my friends nap time is THAT important. So I tried something new...
This picture was posed for educational purposes.
What you don't see is that the toddler decided the movie was not nearly as interesting as what was going on in the bathroom. You may notice the tiny floor is filled entirely by her swing. This means a clumsy hyper toddler is, well, a bit of a challenge. He tripped a few times and made Mommy gasp and rush through her shower. Probably not a method we will attempt again for awhile!
Or how about the fact that Aiden turns his ears off and listens to nothing Mommy says when she is feeding Emma. He KNOWS I can't get up and correct him, his eyes tell it all. So I try to find things for him to do while she eats, you know like breakfast...
Sigh! The mess you see is only half of the reality. His chair, pants, and the floor were equally messy. Good grief. I guess he wasn't hungry.
So I am still learning. One adventurous day at a time!
No comments:
Post a Comment