Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A week in review!

Goodness I can't believe it has been a week since little Ms. Emma Grace entered the world. We have been so blessed, learned so much, and been stretched in unexpected ways. For those of you who have prayed with us and supported and encouraged us, thank you simply doesn't cover our gratitude. We couldn't ask for a better network of family and friends.

Now how about a little update?

Aiden has done beautifully! His adaptation was truly one of my biggest concerns. He was passed around to so many people during our time at the hospital and marched on like a little champ! Seeing as we don't have a babysitter, as he normally just stays with Mimi, this was a big deal for him! To say that he loves his "Gra Gra" is most certainly true. Sure he has moments of frustration or indifference, but over all it is pure adoration. It has been such a blessing and might just have produced a few tears! He seemed to grow up overnight, gain 20 pounds, and turn into a giant. It amazes me that having a tiny in the house can make him seem so grown up so fast. He no longer sits in his booster seat at the table, has taken his first spin in a real big boy swing (and didn't fall out!), and no longer wishes to be kissed as that must be reserved for the "baby." Sigh, sweet little man of mine please don't grow up so very fast!


Emma Grace is a laid back little beauty and has done so well, even during the dreaded tanning bed hours. Her bilirubin levels jumped from 7 in the hospital to 17 the day after we came home. It was a very long and sad 24 hours in which I stood helplessly by unable to comfort her as I so longed to do. I am so very grateful that our time was brief and know that it could have been so much worse, once again God was merciful. Her levels have ebbed and flowed over the week and are now back up to 14 but we are eating like a champ and spending plenty of time in indirect sunlight so hopefully we can avoid more time under the lamps. She is up to 6 lbs 7 oz so we have almost reached birth weight again! She is such a sweet baby and has made these seemingly long and difficult days so much brighter with her precious disposition. We couldn't be more blessed!


I have felt amazing, beyond what I thought possible...with the exception of my leg. The swelling from my blood clots means I hobble a bit and can't stand/walk for extended periods of time, but apart from that I feel certain I would be taking this little place by storm. It is very odd to have escaped almost 10 months of pregnancy with no swelling and now to have a marshmallow for a foot, though at least I have pretty red toes! I must admit the fear of what these clots meant has been ever in my mind since our trip to the ER. I truly didn't understand the difference between deep vein blood clots and the superficial clots that I have. Apparently the clots I have are in the smaller veins not the large ones, while they can still move somewhere else they will not travel to my heart, lungs, or head. I did NOT understand that until a conversation with my sweet husband this afternoon. I will admit that I sobbed a bit in relief. I was walking, sitting, and sleeping funny as I somehow thought that would help them not move...and the phantom feelings in my leg were mind boggling. I swear I felt the bubbling of things moving in my veins. I just might have an overactive imagination! Hopefully the clots will "disolve" soon and the swelling will subside and allow me to return full force to life with my little family!


Yes we are tired, and the house sure isn't spotless BUT we are adapting to our little foursome and all the changes it has brought with a joy and peace that could only have come from heaven above. We are blessed, we are grateful, and we are amazed at God's miraculous plan for our little family!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...