Did you know after you have a baby you are supposed to take it easy?
Take a chick who isn't good at that concept at all, add in 11 doctors appointments in two weeks, and you have a problem. A "you are not healing" problem. Oops
So they are watching me, and my husband has grounded me to the couch. That leaves me soaking up extra snuggles and hugs from these two...
I am ignoring a little extra clutter and some interesting outfit choices on little man. I am doing my best to "take it easy" whatever that means. With Aiden we didn't leave the house for almost 6 weeks, first time parents insanity if you will. We did not want to repeat that, and I have felt great, so being up and about has seemed completely natural. Jumping right back into the full swing of life in this crazy house was exciting. Yet in the last day and a half as I have chilled on the couch snuggling my sweet baby girl I have realized that I was missing these first moments, the still quiet ones that you are SUPPOSED to have upon returning with a new baby.
So maybe we do things a bit backwards, maybe we wait two weeks to have our "babymoon" and stay in our pj's ignoring the outside world. Nobody said we were normal.
So here is to quiet moments, pjs, sweet snuggles with my family, and the chance to heal! Those silly dishes can wait until later.

No comments:
Post a Comment