Friday, May 13, 2011

Life Lessons...

To quote a dear friend "God seems to keep me in a constant state of correction."

It seems he is always guiding, molding, teaching, or correcting. I guess none of us are perfect, so we are all being pruned more closely to his image. Sometimes that pruning comes gracefully but sometimes it comes with a bit of pain. Yet it is in learning that we are drawn more closely to our Savior and made to be a better reflection of Him to the world around us.

Sometimes I approach this state of learning like this...



Yeah I know, not so pretty.

Lately God has been teaching me about contentment and trust. This time I am not fighting, or whining, but enjoying the lesson.

I moved 11 times in 9 years. We moved as a married couple the week/end of our anniversary for the first three years we were married. I didn't realize upon moving into our first real house that I had adapted to a temporary squatter mentality. I didn't expect to stay, I didn't want to become attached. Now it didn't help that we ended up with a flooded basement while still surrounded by boxes.

Two years later and I am finally nesting (nope not the prego kind).

I have learned that home is where my family is. It doesn't matter how long we are here, or where we are, we are following God's plan for us...together.

I am learning to trust that no matter where I am God will take care of me in His own way and His own time. Contentment is not in my surroundings, or in what I have, but in Him alone. In trusting Him I am finding sweet peace, and I am so very grateful.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...