
God opened doors and allowed me to spend the two years after High School traveling with my church's mission team. I have been out of the country 9 times, to 6 different countries. It changed me forever.
Things change, doors close. I haven't been out of the U.S. in over 6 years.
I did however do this...

Marriage has not been without adventure, especially when you move 4 times in 5 years!
Then we added this little guy, though he isn't so little anymore. Parenting is certainly an adventure!Yet somehow along the road of life I became fearful of change. I wanted strong stability and consistent routine.
Yet I married a dreamer.
Over the weekend God reminded me of that fact. He also reminded me that it is in fact one of the characteristics that attracted me to Shem. It was good to open my heart and dream with my husband again.
Dreaming is good, because big change is coming. God is stretching me, teaching me to trust, and to enjoy the adventures life can bring.
We are embarking on a life changing adventure.
Since we were married Shem has dreamed of taking a travel nursing position. The timing has never been right and the door has never opened. The time is now. Things appear to be moving quickly and if everything falls into place as it appears we will accept our first assignment in California possibly as early as the end of June.
I will be honest and say that I am a bit fearful of how this all works out. Yet I am beyond excited at the possibilities God is opening. Assignments will range from 6 weeks to 1 year. Change will be the new routine and will stretch us in unknown ways.
It opens so many doors for ministry. We will be able to plug into communities all over the U.S. and live life with unbelievers and believers alike. Long term we would love to be able to choose assignments in areas with new church plants and help get them off the ground.
Though it sounds odd this will also allow us to spend MORE time with friends and family as we seek to take assignments closer to home, and will be able to schedule time off with more ease.
The dreams are growing, and the questions are mounting. While I may not know exactly what the future holds, I do know someone who does. That is the only secure foundation we truly need.
Let the adventure begin!!!
This sounds so exciting! :) May God bless this new journey He has for you. I can't wait to read all about it!
ReplyDelete