Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Truth...

We often like to hide the truth. Yet someone once said the truth shall set you free. I have been striving to both accept and admit the truth lately. I have been striving to live in freedom.

I love perfection. I love for everything to have a place. However I am accepting reality. I live with two people who do not share those loves. I am also exhausted, overworked, and underpaid...I am a Mom.

So here my friends is a little bit of truthful freedom, enjoy!



My living room most often looks, well, like this. It happens in under five minutes. In other words in the time that it takes to sneak in a load of laundry or a trip to the bathroom the short man in my house can wreak this much havoc.



We often eat lunch in our pj's in said messy living room. I know, I know. It's how we roll, and that is the truth.



This kid can stuff horrendous amounts of banana in his mouth. It doesn't matter if you cut it up or hand it to him whole. He looks like this. Yep that is my monkey, and he sure is cute.



Me, not so cute. I would like to pretend that my hair is fixed and I am impecably dressed. That is NOT the truth. No makeup, hair pulled back, scary evil eyes, fishy faces...that is the truth. SCARY!



I don't have a lot of friends, I need to work on that. This guy though, he is one of my bests. He can suck up ghastly amounts of crushed chips and make the truth of my life just a teeny bit prettier. :)



He can't however suck up discarded chicken strips, even if they have recently been flattened by a certain someones firetruck.



Nor does he have the power to suck the dust and cheerios out of the air vents. Hmmm maybe I need a new friend.



My bed is only made if company is coming. If I made it I wouldn't be able to see my glorious grey sheets and that would just be sad.



Aiden's room looks like this from 8 am to 7 pm. I clean it right before he goes to bed, so that 5 minutes after he wakes up it can look like this again.


And that my friends, for better or for worse, is the truth.

1 comment:

  1. I like the truth. It looks a lot like mine. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...