Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Reflections...

Sunday's are long and crazy at our house. Our church has four Sunday Services which allows you to participate in what they call work one, attend one. For the last several months I have been working in the morning service with the two year olds and we have been attending the 5pm service as a family.

Yesterday was no different. There were more kids than normal, a few extra sugar highs, a couple additional meltdowns because of the large unfamiliar crowd and difference in routine. I did story time as our main leader for the twos was out of town. Let me just tell you that story time almost fell apart. No one wanted to sit still or listen. Sometimes plan B saves the day. In the middle of my attempt at "normal curriculum" one of the other teachers handed me the picture bible story book. Oh happy day, I think with twos you need interaction, and LOTS of pictures. I add libbed through the story with pictures of the angels, the women at the tomb, and the empty tomb. By the time I got to the empty tomb I was crowded with little tiny faces inches from mine, surrounded with little questioning eyes. In that moment I was grateful, grateful for a child like faith, grateful for the questions that come not from a lack of belief but a desire to understand. There is something about working with little children that so often challenges me in my own walk with the Lord. For I am reminded about what truly matters in life, and that in the end all I need to do is believe God is who he says he is, and TRUST him.

We ate lunch with Mimi and Poppy, and the "greats" yesterday afternoon. I love seeing my little man entertain a crowd and lavish in the attention and love that is so readily given. We are so blessed to have an extensive family, both of blood, and of heart. God is so very good to us. Here are a few pictures of our day...



I love my little family! It was fun getting "all dressed up" for Easter. Trust me when I say this is mondo dressed up for our sweet church.



Aiden with Mimi and Poppy, and his "friend" Molly.



Trying to get a sweet pic of him in his new duds from Nana B and Pappy was next to impossible. So here you have your classic action pic!



I love that his little rain coat happened to match his Easter outfit! It poured buckets so we were very grateful to have it.

All in all it was a very good day. Now that I have slept and recuperated from our many adventures I am able to reflect back on the day. There is but one thing that sticks out heavily in my mind...

But the angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified. He is not here, for he has risen, as he said. Matthew 28:5-6

I am so very grateful that I serve a risen Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...