Saturday, April 23, 2011

Our Wild Week...

We spent last weekend in Hunstville were my MIL mentioned no less than ten times how "laid back" Shem was as a baby. Yes he was one of those sweet little things who plays quietly, loves to read, you know like in the movies. My brother was one of those kids too.

Aiden is not.

If you need a definition of boy please come spend a few hours in our home. Call ahead, if he is grumpy I will sneak out the back door while you are here. Just kidding.

Aiden is ALL BOY. He climbs, screams, runs, tackles, plows, throws, pushes -on- toys, people, walls, and furniture. You name it, you dread it, you know it can't be so... yup he has mastered it.

We have had a wild, wild week. He is really discovering his independence, thinks he can talk, and is teething like a beast. This can make for some uh great days. Like this...



Bless his heart I know he is in pain. He does not cut teeth the easy way. He gets raisin size swollen gums for a week or more, then you see a corner, a month later and YEAH we have a tooth. IT.IS. WRETCHED.

This week has been filled with grumpy days with hours of fun adventure thrown in the mix. Here is just a little peek at what Aiden has accomplished...



I made up a bunch of hamburgers and at some point dropped one on the floor. I forgot all about it until I noticed Aiden hiding while ramming it into his mouth as quickly as he could. Now I know I should feed him, he had after all only had a whole burger, green beans, half a sweet potato and milk for dinner. I guess he has a hollow leg!



Sometimes it is fun to cram yourself in between the toy chest and the bookshelf and then wedge your head in the spot where the missing drawer goes so that you can fully reach the toys in the bottom. Yes it might be easier to just reach your hand in, or maybe pull the drawer out which you are fully capable of doing. Where is the fun in that?



Aiden has sticky fingers when it comes to his diaper. He LOVES to take it off. We tried it backwards, he was very confused. I must say I enjoyed it!



He blogged with Momma while multitasking and taking a very important phone call. :)



He has always enjoyed taking the seat cushion off of our old rocker so that he could throw toys between the seatbelt like straps that support the cushion. This week he discovered that he could climb up on the chair. This however always results in little legs slipping through the straps rending him helplessly wedged. Occasionally he can work his way out but most often he squeals like a stuck pig until Momma stops laughing and pulls him out.


How was your week?


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...