Wednesday, April 20, 2011

For reals?!?!?!

As I walked into my parents house this past weekend the fridge greeted me in an unusual way. They have one of those clean fridges, you know without a clutter of kids magnet toys or random calendars no one looks at. It was graced with but one thing.



I have been summonsed for jury duty. Correction my former self, maiden name included, has been summonsed for jury duty. There are SO many things wrong with this!!!

1. It hasn't been five weeks folks, its been almost 5 years since that name existed.

2. This is the courthouse which issued my marriage licence and should in fact have record of said name change. I KNOW I am indeed married and do have a legally changed name. If not for clear records of such things we would not have been able to process our adoption.

3. I haven't lived in that county for 4 years.

We must understand however that this is a government issue and we all know it can get a bit complicated when we deal with the government. There is however a number you can call to speak with a jury clerk if there are "extenuating circumstances" preventing you from serving. I am guessing I have just a few of those.

The nice lady I spoke with in the juror office laughed a bit when I said that I had received a jury summons for my maiden name, and no longer lived in the county. I even kindly mentioned that the same courthouse had issued my marriage licence, to which she said "thats a different department" oh well THAT explains it. Then she asked if I had changed my voters registration, to which I sweetly replied "Yes ma'am 4 years ago." She didn't find that quite so funny.

I have been relieved of jury duty because I no longer live in Madison County.

Among other things.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...