Friday, April 1, 2011

Trucks and Electricity...

Our tiny short street seems to get a mammoth amount of large trucks doing various projects. Since Aiden has been standing (old enough to enjoy trucks) they have paved the road, repaired downed power poles during a storm, and are now moving the gas lines. These have all been day long, or multiple day projects. He LOVES sitting behind our storm door and watching them. This morning I happened to put him in his bob the builder overalls not knowing they would be outside, sure made for cute pictures!









They let us know mid morning that our power would soon be off. It makes for an interesting day with Aiden when our power is off. Luckily he had just gotten up from a good morning nap and lunch was almost ready. So I ran the vacuum really quick and later hunted down some batteries for his noise maker since his afternoon nap was not happening without it.

My computer was charged and the house was pretty straight. To be honest I was looking forward to the quiet time. Blinds up, no technology, just peace. I love the connection that Facebook, cell phones, and blogs give us. I enjoy tv, sometimes too much, and lately I have found myself pouring over blogs while ignoring my favorite shows. Some days I find myself wishing I could leave all that behind, to live without constant "connectivity" and electronic stimulation. To just really live life, to embrace daylight, turn in early, play outside, you know...like the old days.

Sadly the power outage apparently never happened, maybe I can look forward to that tomorrow. Yet Aiden and I did enjoy open blinds, peek a boo, chase, Indian noises, and all manner of other fun times. It was a nice laid back day.

Maybe I can be my own power outage, maybe I can bask in the quiet, maybe I can give my sweet son a glimpse of yesteryear. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...