Thursday, April 28, 2011

Sew Fun!!!

When you move into your first real house the natural inclination of a woman is to nest and to make it a home. After moving 11 times in 9 years I was ready for the stability, ready to truly put my stamp on the place we lived. Then before we could finish unpacking our sweet home was flooded and that ability got lost along the way. It took us a year just to make our entire home livable again. Somehow when you are living in half your space with piles of things everywhere while mold grows downstairs what is on the walls seems unimportant. Add to that an infant and now toddler and well you get the idea.

I am on a mission to reclaim that womanly inclination and finally after "only" two years make this house a home.

I have had the itch to sew for some time now. I almost lost my sweet sewing machine in the flood. Something about that near tragedy made me miss that creative outlet like never before. Then recently I chopped my jeans off and made some shorts, it was awesome.

The passion is here, and I don't think it's going anywhere soon.

So the other night I lay awake scheming. I was remembering that sweet quilting project I began with my Momma oh four years ago, the one that has been in storage ever since. I was going to dissect it! Insert evil laugh here.

So I took that half finished quilt and shall make from it a mere 4 curtains, two pillows, and a shower curtain. BOO YEAH! I am so beyond excited about all my projects that I will admit to laxing major on the housework as I poured over my sewing machine. Though I did power clean right before the hubby got home so you hardly notice!



My sweet neatly folded O.C.D. organized pile of projects :)



No project is complete without a sweet little "helper"



I am pretty excited about my new curtains! Now if I can only finish painting the bedroom...hmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...