The last three months have been long and the last two weeks have felt like an eternity. While I will soon be up and walking it will be slow going. As we head into the home stretch of our stay here in Hartford we find ourselves literally counting the days left in our last two weeks.
We have learned so much during our stay here. We have learned that living with less is truly where we want to be as it has cut down our stress level and allowed us to enjoy the little moments with our family. We have learned that the saying "Home is where you make it" is both true and false.
Yes home is where our family is and the building doesn't matter. Yet I think the greatest thing we have learned while here is how important your outside support system is. Here we are alone, and that can be very hard.
Phone calls and emails can only do so much to encourage you when you feel isolated. I have literally had no adult contact in my time here apart from the hour each Sunday at church. This particular location and assignment simply didn't afford for anything else.
Our heart aches for home, for our church, for our community. Hopefully when we return we will not take those things for granted but truly cherish our friends and family and the things that make every day life so much sweeter.
14 days.
I'm praying that the next 14 days are ones of peace, rest, and comfort. :) Hugs, mama!
ReplyDelete