Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Unexpected...

Please excuse my melancholy.

I have dreamed of this post for 8 days. Or more accurately what it signified. A fantastically fun picture of me with 2 feet on the ground crutches aside. Sometimes things don't go according to plan.



I remain immobile. The wound did not heal and we aren't exactly sure what happens next. For now Shem has put butterflies back on it and gone to bed. He works three in a row which gives me full time baby duty. I needed to be mobile. Instead I will be making a trip back to the doctor and hoping for the best. On Shem's inspection there were multiple complications, which could mean many things. The only thing I know for sure is that I won't be walking in the next few days.

My parents arrive on Friday. A trip to Boston and lots of shopping were the game plan. It might not happen and I am saddened by that prospect.

It was a stupid door. Really? It is such a small insignificant thing compared to the suffering around me, but for me it is very real and very hard. I can't take care of my family, I can't even make myself lunch. Have you ever tried crutches with a plate full of food...hahaha!

People whine and complain about such little things and it has always deeply bothered me. Now I am one of them. I don't like it at all, but I think I might just have a little more compassion on those around me who complain about the "little" things in life.

So today we will veg in front of the tv, again. Luckily Aiden doesn't mind some extra tube time at all! Silly little monkey.



1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry that this turned into such a fiasco! I hope it heals quickly and you are back to normal soon, friend. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...