Tuesday, September 27, 2011

3 Weeks: I miss the little things

Yesterday marked three weeks since I sliced my ankle. At this point I am laid up half because of the ankle and half because of the baby. The cut is mostly healed but the muscles and ankle are very weak and I still can't walk on it without crutches. It feels like the couch has been my home F.O.R.E.V.E.R.

It has made me so very grateful for the little things in life. Those everyday moments you truly don't even notice until you are observing from afar. It is those little things that I miss most.

- Wrestling in the floor with my little man
- Hide and go seek
- Playing ball
- Sneaking into his room when he wakes up and holding him tight
- Getting more milk after that precious please
- Playing outside
- Taking a for real shower
- Making dinner
- Bath time with a silly boy
- Snuggle prayers before bed

It is those little moments that happen so quickly and so often that we don't always notice how very precious they are. That is what I miss the most.

Luckily we have been blessed with our parents swooping in to save the day. Aiden hasn't truly suffered, sure he might be a little miffed at Mommy's lack of playtime, but he has always been fully taken care of. I know how very truly blessed we are.

As for those little moments I miss, I have been trying to capture as many as I can on "film." You know from my very versatile position on the couch. I realize how quickly this little boy is growing up and in the last three weeks as I have had ample time to just watch him without interference I have realized how much he truly has changed. He really isn't a baby anymore. Sure Mommy gets the sniffles about it every once in awhile, but it is part of life, and it is such a joy to watch him grow.

So take a break, kick up your heels, and watch with me...













I hope you remember to pause and soak up some of those little seemingly mundane life moments today! Treasure them.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness ... that last picture looks so much like N!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...