Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Banana Splits...

Banana splits remind me of childhood. It was not uncommon on a Sunday night for my Dad to take us to the grocery for icecream and toppings for an awesome banana split dinner. Or how about the birthday were we had banana splits for lunch at the mall with my Grandmother!!! It is the truth friends.

Yesterday when Aiden woke up from his nap he was wailing in pain. He kept licking his lip and screaming. Mommy was really struggling. Aiden has an amazing tolerance for pain so when he is showing it you know it is bad. The only thing I could think of was ice cream to help numb that mouth and soothe the ache in my heart.

Oh yes I just got dramatic.

While we did actually eat dinner, because Daddy just can't grasp the concept of only banana splits for a meal, we certainly had a grand dessert.







Let me tell you friends it worked. Everyone was happy and I am pleased to report that his mouth and chin look amazing this morning. I am so glad we decided to skip the stitches!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...